The Reviews of Presto Pressure Cooker
If your into pressure cooking or canning then the Presto 01264 is an ideal choice for the home user. The USDA only advises pressure canning as a safe method for low acid produce like vegetables, meats, and poultry. The Presto Pressure Cooker is a professionally made unit constructed from high quality heavy duty aluminum.
The great advantages of using a pressure cooker to prepare meals over the normal methods are numerous. Not only can you save upto 70% off the cooking time which is fantastic if you are in a rush, which most of us are these days, but when you cook in this method you are also unconsciously giving yourself and your loved ones a more healthy diet.
It has been shown that pressure cooking keeps the most important vitamins and minerals within the food, so nutritionally you are better off.
If you are new to the world of pressure cooking or canning then to help you get started their is an introductry booklet that contains over 50 recipes. These range from basic soup stocks right through to stews and pot roasts,not forgetting puddings such as English Plum Pudding and Brown Bread. Easily learn how to tenderize pork or beef, cook fish chicken and veg more quickly whilst still maintaining the moisture we all love.
[su_box title=”Features Of Presto Pressure Cooker” box_color=”#FF742F”][su_list icon=”icon: star” icon_color=”#009906″]
- Large 23 quart pressure cooker/canner capable of holding 20 pint jars or 7 quart jars
- Made with strong/durable heavy duty aluminum that will not rust or warp
- We Can used on a range of stoves from regular to smooth top ranges
- Air vent/cover lock will only let a build up of pressure when the lid is lock in to place properly
- Gauges are easy to read, over pressure valve to prevent excessive pressure build up
- Recipe book is includ with over 50 fabulous recipes to get you going
To keep your Presto Pressure Cooker in the best condition possible it is recommended to use nonabrasive cleansers. Take note that the lid should not be immersed in water when cleaning, and the ring used to seal the cooker should be removed so you can clean under the rim each and every time it is used.
Storage Of Presto Pressure Cooker
The Presto has a large capacity of 23 quarts. It can hold 7 quart, 20 pints or 24 1/2 pint jars inside. There are detaile guidelines that come includ to help when cleaning things like the gauges as these need care and are delicate. when we want then we can clean by using a small brush or pipe cleaner. The pressure cooker does come with a 12 year warranty for your peace of mind.
This is a very popular pressure cooker canner as we found nearly 350 reviews online during our research. It actually scored 4.6 stars out of 5 which is very good considering the amount of reviews left.
[su_row][su_column size=”1/2″][su_box title=”Pros” box_color=”#009906″ radius=”0″][su_list icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#009906″]
- The Presto 01264 we can used to cook whole chickens and other foods
- The canning of meats takes one hour under pressure.
- The top valve rocks when it is hot enough
- The equipment is easy to use and easy to clean as well.
- This is a fantastic way to cook or can your food
- you can even use a s a water bath as well.
- Great for steaming shrimp & scallops.
- The Presto is heavy and well built.
- Worked great right out of the box thanks to the easy to understand instruction included.
- Used it a few times now and so far all has gone smoothly without incident.
- Perfect for the home canner enthusiast at a price much less than many
[/su_list][/su_box][/su_column][su_column size=”1/2″][su_box title=”Cons” box_color=”#bf000a” radius=”0″][su_list icon=”icon: ban” icon_color=”#bf000a”]
- The downside is the fact that it is made of aluminum which can interact with some acidic food (tomato sauce, etc.) and affects the taste.
- Also, it does not can foods in quart jars, only those in pints. On one end, one can try out canning at low entry cost.
- few customers noted that the gauge gave out after some time and you have to bear in mind that you may have to replace the seal periodically, but the majority of the customers were very happy with their purchase and the large amount of positive reviews reflects that.
So in summary if you are looking for a good size unit to help feed your family quickly and healthily, or are into canning your foods on a grand scale then the Presto Pressure Cooker will suit your needs very well.
[table id=3 /]
Amazon currently have this model a great discount of 32% off with free delivery, so grab yourself a bargain.